Monday, April 28, 2008

About Town

Visiting London is always fun and we are finding new things to love every time we go in.
While the Dials rode London Eye we played on the playground nearby along the river and got some great shots with London Eye behind.



Along the walkway that lines the Thames river.



Westminster Abbey

The new things we got to this week were Trafalgar Square and the National Gallery with its amazingly inspiring works of art including Van Gogh, Michelangelo, Monet, Manet, Renoir and many more. Some of my very favorites and we really loved it.
Sadie and McKay found the art intriguing and asked lots of questions about it.




Brandon and Kristi took Tyler and Zach to see Wicked.
Abe and I decided not to go again as I've seen it twice this year and Abe once in LA.
We are looking forward however, to going to the theater soon when Scott and Kari come.

Saturday we had a babysitter come early in the afternoon and Abe and I headed back to London to meet Brandon and Kristi for a nice night out.

Here they are at Covent Garden.


We found a delicious Indian restaurant near Covent Garden where we ate.
We also watched some of the street performers as we wandered.


We browsed through Harrods enjoying the myriad of displays. Outside Harrods this Audi R7 was driving past and the guys actually ran a block to catch up and get a good look at it.
The guy driving it was so arrogant.
He saw the guys checking his car out and actually flexed his arm muscles...So lame!


We walked Hyde Park and past Wellington Arch
and then headed back towards Waterloo and the train home.
On the way we took a short stop to see the almost surreal view
of Parliament and Big Ben lit up at night.



The day before our trip into London while Abe was working, I drove the Dials to Wimbledon. We enjoyed touring the grounds and the Lawn Tennis Museum.
Can't wait to get back in June for the real deal.


6 comments:

Bamma said...

Dials are raving that you all had so much fun together. What an adventure for you all.

You make us all want to come.

Mutti

{jane} said...

I wish I was in London, how fabulous!!! Was the Indian restaurant - Veraswammy???

Traci said...

I can't even describe how insanely jealous I am! I better go repent! I am glad you are having so much fun!

Terri said...

Gretchen so fun to see how you guys are doing out there. How fun and educational for the kids. Speaking of...man they have grown. Looking foward to check you guys out often.
Terri Brown

Daphne said...

You're living a dream-it seems so surreal! What an incredible experience you and your family will have forever. Can I admit that I'm a teeny bit jealous?

jill allison said...

That all sounds like a dream...how amazing! It appears as though you guys are adjusting FINE and seizing every opportunity coming your way! Love living through you!

Also, tell Zach how impressed we are with his blogging skills. I just noticed he left Cole a comment on one of our posts, and I'll be sure to show Cole tomorrow. It made me a bit nostalgic for the good old days of those boys shooting hoops :)