Friday, March 14, 2008

You're checking how many bags?



It wasn't exactly easy but we made it across the Atlantic with loads of luggage and several children. 
The kids actually were very good throughout the trip except for a near loss of a toe in a people mover and a melt down by Lucy at the Cincinnati airport that was quickly cured by a toy offered from the Chick-filet clerk. Lucy took to hitching rides on the rolling carry-ons and brought out several smiling looks from passers by. 
The long flight across the ocean was quite empty so we were all able to stretch out over several seats and sleep somewhat comfortably, more so for the kiddies than adults.
Upon arrival at Gatwick we tried to wait patiently through passport control and being sent to get stamps at the Health desk and then back to passport control again. After an half hour or so we made it through to gather our bags onto three trolleys with Zach trying to control one, McKay trying to heave the Golf clubs, and Lucy continuing to hitch rides.  Not our finest hour to say the least!


5 comments:

Sara said...

Oh yea! I am sooo glad to see that you made it there safe and sound! (I've been checking in on you via the blog and, in the absence of a post, I was fearing the worst... pirates, hijackers, a mid-atlantic storm, an iceberg... my imagination gets a little carried away when I'm pregnant!) Thanks for putting my mind at rest!

Can't wait to hear more when you are starting to feel settled! Miss you already! :)

Hannah S said...

Wow! That is a long flight and even more so w/confused children. Is that all you brought? Or are you having stuff shipped over too? Golf clubs? I would not allow Tyler to bring those...unless we absolutely had room. Good for you!

PS!!!! We have 8 single or 4 round trip eurostar tix that need to be used by Aug 1 (I think)soooooo if you want to take a trip to Paris just let me know and I can have them transfered to you. Just email me. :)

{jane} said...

That picture is GREAT! I can only imagine how much MORE you will return home with! You better start shipping back what you're not using, right now!

I have a better idea, fly me over, and I'll help transport luggage for you between airports/etc.!!! I can even carry Lucy, and the golf bag!

Lizzie. said...

this reminds me of when the Draper Family moved to Florida. Great Picture! miss you guys

6 P's in a Pod said...

I loath flying/trying to reach the destination. I'd say you guys did an AMAZING job getting there! Holy cow! I'm so glad safe and sound, too.