Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gingerbread Houses


I made my first real gingerbread house this week.

After spending an entire fun day with my girlfriends decorating one myself, the rest of the family really wanted to make some too.
So we bought the "pre-assembled houses" at Costco for them and spent our Saturday morning making festive gingerbread houses.



Lucy was very particular about lining up colors together.
She and McKay kept at their houses longer than anyone else.


Sadie went with bright colors all over and a cute pattern on the roof with mini candy canes.





McKay's coconut rooftop and his shiny walkway were awesome.


Zach got in on it for a while but left early to play in a concert and never came back to finish it.


Dad had the best roof.
Unfortunately the frosting wouldn't harden fast enough and it slipped
out of place a little by the time he was finished.

He also surprisingly lost interest after the roof.


Here is our finished Christmas gingerbread village.
We had such a fun time making it!



1 comment:

Traci said...

Oh my goodness, that village is DARLING! What a perfect place to display it! But I need a close up of your beautiful house! ;)