Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tis' The Season


I love CHRISTMAS 
I love the music, the smells the feeling of excitement and the memories.  
I've enjoyed re-discovering my love for photography lately 
& spent a morning last week capturing some of my
  Favorite Christmas Things 

I love the way the mantel looks 
with the stockings hanging from it 
and the way my kids tell everyone who comes over
 which one is theirs.
I love the wreaths on all the doors.  
I don't know why...it is just something I love.I love our tradition of 
"THE PICKLE"
We hide the pickle ornament on the tree & on Christmas Eve 
the kids search for it.  
Whoever finds it get to open a special "Pickle gift" a day early.
I love the RED and GREEN.  
The cranberries and lights on trees and on the houses 
and ribbons and wrapped gifts...
I love that at the center of all the celebration
 is the memory of 
a little baby boy who changed everything!

4 comments:

Traci said...

I love it. When I read "baby boy," I started to cry, thank you.

Julie said...

The photos are gorgeous! Good show. I'm thinking Abe will know what to get you for Christmas now . . .

Mary said...

I was so happy to see a new post. Great photos! and I love that you put the glass stars on your tree.

Auntie Allie said...

Great Photo. You are good girl. Keep it up. It really is fun to capture feelings with light, objects and depth of field.

Allie