Monday, August 4, 2008

A Day With The Dallimores

Saturday we had a fantastic day at Poulton's Park, a local amusement park with Mark and his two daughters.  Mark was Abe's first hire here in the UK office and our first friend here in England. 

We were worried as we headed out that we would have rain all day but within minutes of arriving at the park the sun came out and we had a lovely afternoon. 

Mark's two girls Kayla and Millie are absolutely darling and Lucy had so much fun with them. Note their curls...I thought marrying Abe I would surely get curls like that in my girls, since when has straight hair been the dominant gene?!


I would like to announce that Zach has officially overcome his fear of roller coasters as he rode on "The Cobra" 6 times and loved every minute of it.  In fact he was trying to convince the worker to let us ride it one more time at park closing.  Way to go Zach...this is quite a breakthrough for you.  Next comes California Screamin!


3 comments:

Bamma said...

Zach rode the roller coaster?! Can Pirates of the Caribbean be far behind? What fun!
As for the straight hair gene, those little curly-haired girls are really cute, but I'll take my Lucy any day!
Love you all!

Stacey said...

Hey, fun to see you and your kids. Does Abe's company need an mechanical engineers in England, I want to go sooooo bad! I loved Bath, I dont remember actually going in either, I'm sure you didn't miss much!

6 P's in a Pod said...

Gretchen: I love that you wrote "we had a lovely afternoon"!!! You're becoming English! Do you also say "brilliant" and "water closet"?? Love the pics!